The Adobe Foundation today announced the recipients of its first annual Creativity Scholarships, available to teens who participate in the Adobe Youth Voices (AYV) program. For the 2013-2014 academic year, scholarships have been awarded to 25 students from 13 countries, including Argentina, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka and the United States. Recipients demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, a strong creative portfolio and commitment to pursuing a career in a creative field.
Designed to ignite creative confidence in youth, AYV is helping support the next generation of creative thinkers and equipping them with resources to help advance their education. AYV follows a creativity curriculum and provides the digital tools, training and professional mentorship students need to develop essential skills such as self-expression, ideation, collaboration, flexibility and persistence. All AYV students produce original projects in animation, video, photography and other digital media categories, spotlighting issues important to them including poverty, bullying and climate change.
“The youth receiving our Creativity Scholarships demonstrate tremendous creative potential,” said Michelle Crozier Yates, director of corporate responsibility, Adobe and Adobe Foundation executive director. “We’re thrilled to see outstanding young people from our AYV community pursuing education that will continue building their creative skills and give them an edge in our rapidly evolving, highly competitive global economy.”
Adobe’s recent State of Create global benchmark study, published in April 2012, surfaced concerns about a “creativity gap” in five of the world’s largest economies. The research revealed that four in 10 people believed they do not have access to the tools needed to support creativity in the classroom.
“I believe creativity-focused programs are an important part of education because they allow students to express themselves and build confidence,” said Eva Miller, an AYV participant and 2013 Creativity Scholarship recipient. “Through AYV, I’ve gained invaluable skills and discovered that I want to become a filmmaker. The Creativity Scholarship is giving me the opportunity to pursue my dreams and make a positive impact through my films.”
About the Creativity Scholarships
The Creativity Scholarship program provides financial support to students who are in their final year of high school, upper secondary school or the first year of post-secondary education. Applicants must have participated in the AYV program through Adobe’s network of more than 800 strategic partners in 52 countries. The Creativity Scholarship program is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE), an independent not-for-profit founded in 1919. IIE is among the world’s largest and most experienced international education and training organizations.
About Adobe Youth Voices
Adobe Youth Voices (AYV) is the Adobe Foundation’s global initiative to ignite Creative Confidence in youth by empowering them to find their voice and make it heard. The youth involved in AYV spotlight the issues they care about by creating original media – a process that fosters their passion to make a difference while providing them with the creative skills essential to success in the world today. Through programs like AYV, and by increasing creativity in education, Adobe believes we will better equip young people to be the problem solvers, critical thinkers and leaders of tomorrow.
About the Adobe Foundation
The Adobe Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created and funded by Adobe Systems Incorporated to leverage human, technological and financial resources to drive social change and community improvements.
While still the most popular operating system in the enterprise, including at midsize businesses, Microsoft Windows 7’s reality in this new age of business computing is that it is slowly losing market share. Mobile operating systems, like Android and iOS, and even Mac OS are quickly making inroads, largely driven by BYOD policies implemented by IT departments in the last few years.
Even with Windows 7 losing market share, Microsoft still rules the roost, however, as an overall analysis of current computer platform use at the enterprise revealed in late April at CITEWorld. Some businesses still use Windows XP. These companies still using XP need to take note that Microsoft is discontinuing support for the OS in April 2014.
Windows 8 Still to Come for the Midsize Business
In contrast to the leadership status held by Windows 7, Microsoft’s new OS, Windows 8, is making small inroads at the corporate level. Many midsize businesses appear hesitant to adopt 8, due to concerns about the usability of and training issues involved in rolling out the new tile-based operating system. Expect the next version of Windows to take steps to improve usability, including returning the Start button, and possibly offering an option to boot-up to the classic Desktop, instead of the newer Metro interface screen.
The CITEWorld article analyzes statistics revealed in a Forrest Research report on the growing operating system diversity at the enterprise. One statistic that perfectly illustrates the migration to alternate operating systems shows that while 67 percent of all computing devices were powered by a version of Windows in 2008, today 70 percent use alternatives. Of course, the rapid growth of mobile devices at the workplace played a major role in the increased diversity.
The Midsize Business Needs to Embrace Operating System Diversity
Even with Windows 7 losing market share, it is still a very popular OS at the midsize business. If the next version of Windows improves some of the issues with Windows 8, Microsoft will continue to maintain a role in business computing. Still, functional alternatives to Redmond exist and need to be considered at enterprises of all sizes.
A forward-thinking midsize business needs to allow for diversity in operating system choice, especially when considering mobile devices. As Cloud computing continues to grow in importance, hybrid tablet/notebook computers allow employees access to their work from home. A BYOD policy needs to consider this type of use, as it allows for improved efficiency as well as a potentially better work-life balance for employees. IT executives responsible for operating system choice at the midsize business need to realize that the days of one dominant operating system are over.
Washington – After releasing a preview version of Windows 8.1 recently, Microsoft said that the final version will be released in August 2013. Windows 8.1 users will soon be able to access files on a Windows cloud-based storage service, SkyDrive, without having to connect to the Internet.
Microsoft announced that SkyDrive will be accompanied by support for offline access. Through SkyDrive service, users will be able to determine which files can be accessed without connecting to the Internet and then downloaded to the user’s device automatically.
Files that can be accessed offline will be easily identified when the user opens SkyDrive. In addition, Windows 8.1 users can also store files on SkyDrive in offline mode, which then can be directly uploaded when connected to the Internet network.
Tami Reller, Chief Financial Officer said the company’s Windows Windows 8.1 will be completed in August 2013. Reller did not say when the user can install updates to Windows 8.1. But, Reller showed several new features and functionality in Windows 8.1.
Windows 8.1 users will be looking for music that is integrated with Xbox Music and can share web pages into Xbox Music application to create playlists. Another breakthrough designed in Windows 8.1, namely, Miracast. This displays renewal HD video and audio from Wi-Fi to the other views, such as TV. And many more other renewal in Windows 8.1.
Because created and designed by one company, hardware and software from Apple can work optimally and efficiently. One of the advantages are when we install OS X, we do not need to fuss looking for drivers for the Mac that we use.
Moreover, because the security system, not many viruses that successfully made to screw up OS X, though there is still malware that managed to infiltrate. It was not to screw up OS X, but rather aims to steal sensitive data or personal in the Mac.
While it is arguably efficient, we can still fiddling with that OS X running faster again.
Here are some things we can do:
T02-436-111-make. Upgrading memory up stuck. Output for Macbook Pro 2012 to the above, this is not possible, because the memory is soldered directly to the motherboard. Even so great a minimum of memory available is quite capable, which is 4 GB. 4 GB of memory is the minimum for all major applications in both heavy-and could not walk comfortably. The bigger the memory, the better.
2. Upgrade the hard drive. Mac can walk comfortably if enough free space available in the T02-436-make-12partisi existing OS X. In order to walk comfortably, should be available at least 30 GB of free space. If you use a heavy application sorts PhotoShop, AutoCAD, or the other, there are at least 80-120 GB of free space on my hard drive. So get used to the data stored on the internal hard drive external hard drives that can have empty space relief. If forced, upgraded hard drive to a larger capacity. If you can, use a hard drive upgrade to SSD. It is still expensive, but the performance is much more hurried.
T02-436-21a1-making. Repair Disk Permissions. Actually this procedure is to check whether the file status in accordance with the original. File status could change as the applications that use them have problems. As a result, the Mac can run slow or weird, such as the application of a sudden go out alone, running slower, slower booting, and other sebagainya.Caranya quite easily, run Disk Utility> click on the existing partition OS X it> click repair permission and wait until the process is complete. If you’ve done repair permissions, more afdol followed by a second step.
2. Reset NVRAM. Non-Volatile RAM or NV-RAM is an OS X application and keep most of the settings that we often use. The goal is that we run the application on the condition that we use. But at a certain point, the NV-RAM will be full and will actually make the Mac went awry. How to reset the NV-RAM is quite straightforward, we turn on the computer and then we immediately pressing Cmd + alt + P + R and press and hold until dueng Mac emits three times.
3. Provide enough free space on the disk / partition OS X is. The trick is to move the data to another hard drive and remove any unwanted applications. With so many free apps available on the AppStore, maybe some of us a lot of the “greedy” to install the free application. In the end, many of these applications are not suitable for us and ultimately make the hard drive so full. Most applications are indeed living discard the application file to the trash. But it
NVidia has just introduced its newest graphics card aimed at the visual computing industry and is claimed as the fastest graphics card in the world. K6000 Quadro graphics cards are built using Kepler architecture.
NVidia party also claims that this graphics card has the ability computational five times better than the Quadro 6000 graphics card before. Not only that, the graphics card is also claimed to have twice the graphical capabilities better than the Quadro 6000.
NVidia Senior VP, Ed Ellet said that this graphics card will give a significant change to the game animator, digital designer or programmer. Furthermore, Ellet said that the graphics card is capable of doing things that were previously impossible to do.
Some of the features possessed by the K6000 Quadro graphics cards are:
– The graphics memory GDDR5 ultra-fast 12GB
– Streaming 2880 core multiprocessor (SMX)
– Support for simultaneous display with a resolution up to 4k using DisplayPort 1.2
– It has ultra low latency video I / O, and support large-scale visualization
Acer Sales and Services Sdn Bhd (Acer) has recently launched a brand new 7.9 inch tablet that is supposed to be a cheaper alternative to its contenders Note 3 and Mini.
At half the price of an iPad, Acer Iconia comes with a Quad-Core CPU, HDMI output and the latest version of Android 4.2.2.
The design of the tablet is a traditional one noted Ting Meng Hung, regional manager for Acer and noted that it was quite thick compared to other tablets yet it is very light.
As for the hook-up there is a micro SD card slot, HDMI output and both a front and a rear webcam. The rear webcam is five megapixels (MP )and can record videos of up at 30 frames per second.
The tablet has a 7.9’ multi-touch five point widescreen that is intuitive and launches the apps instantly.
“An interesting characteristic similar to other tablets is that if the corner of the touch screen is kept pressed with your finger the rest of the screen reacts to other commands like scroll, launch or zoom,” Ting noted.
The tablet is equipped with a -Core CPU and one gigabyte (GB) RAM, ensuring the smooth rendering of high-quality apps and complex games.
The internal memory ranges starts from 8GB and can be extended via SD card up to 32GB.
For the operating system, it comes together with the latest 4.2.2. that run optimally with the component, Ting highlighted.
For this minimal price we have here a Tablet equipped with HDMI hook-up, Bluetooth and GPS and a Quad-Core CPU as well as a webcam that records Full-HD videos.
“At the moment we are only offering the wifi model and depending on the demand we may bring in the 3G version of the tablet as well,” Ting explained.
The Iconia is priced at RM599 and for more information please call Acer’s office at 082-456700 or visit them at Green Heights Commercial Centre, Lorong Lapangan Terbang 2, 93250, Kuching.
Increasingly diverse operating systems. Therefore, do not be surprised if within a network can terdisi from a variety of devices. Plus, gadgets and electronic devices now have the ability to pass network connectivity.
If the operating system both Windows or Linux fellow, it’s still easy. For use can be done without much trouble. Well if there are some who use the operating system Windows 8 and some of them have access to a printer via the Linux how dong? Easy! This tutorial.
Workgroup liken this step similar to when we want to share files across operating systems. We must do this step in Windows 8:
1. Create Same Workgroup. On the Start screen, click System Settings on the right side and click on System in the left side. Click the Change Settings.
2. In the System Properties window go to the Computer Name tab and see the workgroup name there. Compare with information workgroup name in Windows 8. If the same, you can jump straight to step 4. If different, follow the first 3 steps.
3. Click the Change button that is on the Computer Name tab. After that, in the Computer Name Changes window, click the Workgroup menu in the box if the Member in the column below, the contents of the same name with a Linux workgroup. Press OK to save the changes. When prompted, restart the PC in order to connect with the new workgroup.
Next, use the same naming workgroup with Linux.
To put the printer on Windows 8
Divide and put the printer is not difficult to access. On the Start screen, type in Device and Printers, click Settings and then click the icon. Figure 4. Right-click the printer you want to dibagipakaikan then select “Printer Properties”. In the Properties window, select the Sharing tab and place a check in front of the “Share this printer”. Figure 5. Click “OK” to save changes.
Configuring Linux For Linux printer can be accessed through, it is time configuration on Linux. We will be using Ubuntu as the most popular Linux ditro. Here’s how:
1. Click the menu System> Administration> Printing to open the printer management window.
2. In the Printer Configuration window, click the “New” button. Ubuntu will search for the printer on the network.
3. Once the search is complete, Ubuntu will display all the printers on the network are detected. If printermu not listed, click the “Windows Printer via SAMBA” on the left panel. IN the right side window, type the workgroup name created in step 1, and then click “Browse”.
4. Explore the SMB workgroup that appears in the browser, select the computer name, then click on the name of the printer that has dibagipakaikan then click “OK”.
5. You will be taken back to the previous window. Click the “Verify ..” to ensure the printer can be accessed by Ubuntu. If successful, you will get the message “Print Share Verified” like in the picture. If at this stage you have failed, try to go back to step 2 to ensure the printer configuration has been done correctly.
6. Click “OK” and “Forward”.
7. Now you will see a window with three options: Choose the printer from the database, providing PPD file, or do a search in the printer driver
Choose the first option and then check whether the driver for printermu already teredia. If printermu not listed